CCSD By-Law Section # 35
The nomination committee shall consist of two executive committee members with the exception of the President and one Board of Directors member. Said committee shall make recommendations to fill executive committee positions needed. The Executive Secretary and the Treasurer of the CCSD shall be Board Members and shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the CCSD Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting. The appointment of Executive Committee Members shall be ratified by the Board at the next Annual General Meeting.
Call for Nominations
The Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf accepts nominations for the Executive Committee.
Term of Office
The term of office is two years with an option for re-election at the end of two years.
No remuneration is paid to the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee meets approximately 4 times a year and at any time at the request of the President.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the CCSD Executive Committee, please submit your application to the attention of the Nomination Committee. The deadline for applications is March 31 during the Deaf Canada Conference year. To be considered by the Nomination Committee, your submission should include:
- Your Name
- A letter from your provincial society to attest that your membership is in good standing
- A tty number, videophone number, postal address and an email address where the Nomination Committee can contact you
- Your Curriculum Vitae or resume
- An ASL statement up to 3 minutes describing your experience and qualifications in DVD format/electronic video log
To: Nomination Committee
Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf
The Distillery Historic District
15 Mill Street
The Executive Committee appoints a Nomination Committee to prepare the list of persons proposed for election as The Executive Committee Members. The final list is approved by a resolution of the Board of Directors.
The Nomination Committee considers the applications and undertakes a structured and rigorous evaluation of each candidate. Each applicant is considered for their capacity to contribute expertise, leadership, and patronage to further the Vision, Mission and Values of the CCSD. The Committee strives to maintain a complement that is diverse.
Key Election Dates
- The Nomination Committee expects to recommend a list of candidates to the Executive Committee on TBA
- The final list of candidates will be provided to the Board of Directors by email on TBA
- Voting will take place at the Annual General Meeting TBA
Updated October 17, 2017